12/06/2015

Amara Interior Blog Awards Nomination - Best Newcomer


Look, at my age you don’t get called a newcomer very often so excuse me if I milk this one.

Thank you to the lovely followers that took the time to nominate me for this amazingly cool award.

I started this blog back in October last year out of an insatiable need to write and a lifelong love of interiors. I had no idea what it would involve or where it would take me. Neither did I realise that it was the missing piece of my jigsaw. 8 months down the line, I’ve still go so much to learn and such massively high standards to aim for, but I’ve put the text books away and stopped googling quite so much these days. 

My ex boss used to laugh at me when I got a new assignment. She said I’d waste at least a day worrying that I didn’t know what to do. Her response was to send me away to fret and figure it out. She knew that once I’d stopped panicking, I would knuckle down and get the job done. So that’s the panic phase over, now for the hard work.

I’ve also got my mum’s voice in my ear and her ever-ready two letter motivational talk: "If It Is To Be It Is Up To Me” (I know - great isn’t it!) I’m a crippling procrastinator and it’s taken me until now to realise that things aren’t just going to fall in my lap, I have to get out of my comfort zone and go get 'em.

So here I am, little old me - the shrinking violet that was too shy to be a business woman. Here I am bravely baring my soul and going boldly where many brilliant bloggers have gone before. Please, please help me by letting me know what works and what doesn’t. What keeps you coming back and what has you turning off in an instant. What would you like to see and what do you want to go away?

I’m a big girl now, I can take the knocks, so sock it to me and I will do my best to take your comments on board and get this blog worthy of your clicks, ready for when voting opens for the prestigious Amara IBAs in a few weeks time. Please click here for more details: www.interiorblogawards.com

I’m not doing this to blag freebies or to carve out a lucrative career (although both would be happy consequences). I just want to write and to help create a little inspiring environment where together we can make our space, ACE.

xxxxx




Image Map

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY ALEELILY DESIGNS | POWERED BY BLOGGER.