29/05/2015

Picture Perfect

The Candy Files


House Candy = Screen Print Siren

I’d love her anyway, but the fact that she’s rare as well as beautiful makes my new Rowan Newton screen print (above) all the more appealing. 

When my husband asked me what I’d like for my special birthday next week I bypassed the usual route of handbags and glad rags and asked (OK, begged) for this. Why? because when the It bag is out and the dress has been spilt on, this lady will still be looking hotter than ever.

She's called Late Nights in Rouge, (which is quite appropriate considering the amount of birthday parties I’ve been to recently) and she is one of only twelve made by London artist Rowan, whose work is inspired by the city scenes and pop culture he grew up with. She’ll be bringing some urban edge to my quaint little corner of Yorkshire anytime soon and I can’t wait to give her wall space.

Fine & Candy = TA-DArt


TA-DArt… y’know... that moment when you place a picture on a wall and realise it was meant to be there all along. You’ve seen me flaunt my flamingos a few times now, but it wasn’t until I moved them out of my lovely loo and into a dark and un-loved hallway that they really made their presence known. This bright pop of colour at the end of the corridor has completely transformed the way I look at it. Once the bane of my life, I now quite like it’s narrowness and the picture hanging at the end gives it an almost gallery-like quality.

Flamingos framed print from www.made.com

Candy Pandy = Off the Hook



Armed with a hammer and a pack of picture hooks I’m downright dangerous. I move pictures around the house on a weekly basis and the redundant picture hook holes have become the pockmarks of my life. They’re also a great excuse to buy more art ;-) Exhibition time darling?

Arty Facts 

Want to join the arty farty party? Great news because you’re just in time. Head to Hamstead Heath between 11 and 14th June for The Affordable Art Fair and bag yourselves the coolest bargains in town.

Can’t make it to London? don’t worry all you super hip Northern crowd, there’s a whole floor of art candy and regular special exhibitions at the one and only Redbrick, Batley. 

Pop along any day of the week to check out the latest arty offerings in the Smart Gallery. I’ve made a date in the diary for 13th September when Katy Jade Dobson will be in store to show off her stunning collection of original art and limited edition prints. I’m going ape for this fella. 


Happy weekend all, I’m off next week to concentrate on getting older. You wouldn’t drop me a comment for my birthday would you? xxx 





No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY ALEELILY DESIGNS | POWERED BY BLOGGER.